Established in 1973, the Contract Heat Treatment Association (CHTA) exists to promote the activities of its members and to protect them from negative impact. It represents the majority of the companies currently offering outsourced heat treatment capacity in the UK, from the world’s largest to some of the smallest.
Benefits of membership
- A powerful voice on all matters concerning the industry, especially on legislative changes.
- Marketing opportunities.
- Promotion of the case for outsourcing.
- Inclusion in CHTA’s hard-copy “Member Directory” and in the constantly-updated database used for Find a Heat Treater. These authoritative sources are widely consulted by those seeking appropriate subcontract heat treatment services.
- Receipt of “Hotline“, CHTA’s informative quarterly newsletter.
- Access to the members area of this website, which includes CHTA’s “Guidelines to Conditions of Business”.
- The benefits of information exchange with other members.
- Participation in CHTA’s Benchmarking Club; compare company performance, anonymously, with that of other CHTA members.
- The opportunity to participate in various CHTA committees on matters crucial to our industry sector.
- The added benefits of CHTA’s affiliation with the Surface Engineering Association (SEA), including access to SEA publications and services such as its Business Support Helpline.
Membership fees (2022)
Single-site annual subscription: £622+VAT.
Multiple-site annual subscription: £622+VAT plus £158+VAT per additional site.
One-off application/joining fee: £75+VAT
Applying for membership
Membership of the Contract Heat Treatment Association is open to UK companies whose main business activity is the provision of contract heat treatment services.
Potential CHTA member companies must be able to demonstrate a high level of technical competence and a proven record of achievement in heat treatment. Registration to one of the accepted quality approval schemes or some other form of competence is required.
For a membership application form, Contact Us.